A barcode scanner is like a hammer. You’re never going to use it for gentle tasks. A barcode scanner will be banged around, left in places that aren’t fit for most technology, and expected to perform at high speed with unfailing accuracy.
A lot of barcode scanners deliver this degree of performance—because anything less than rugged isn’t acceptable.
There are some environments, however, where rugged is good, but not great.
A busy yard, terminal, or dock, for example. Working outdoors means searing heat and freezing cold. Many devices can’t handle these extreme temperatures. That means expensive downtime.
You also have to expect that workers are going to drop scanners—repeatedly. What if that drop happens to land the barcode scanner in a puddle of water? Will a rugged scanner keep working when it’s soaked? More downtime.
At Cal-Sierra Technologies, we invest in knowing what’s happening with data collection—the challenges our customers are facing and the solutions that are available. When we learned that Zebra upped its level of toughness, we were excited. The 3600 Ultra-Rugged Series presents barcode scanners that are virtually indestructible and unmatched in scanning performance.
Here’s what you need to know about the Ultra-Rugged scanners:
- It’s ready to be bullied. Drop this scanner from 8 feet and it won’t flinch. Plunk it in a bucket of water, leave it submerged for up to half an hour, and the 3600 will continue to work. Hit it with a heavy spray and this Ultra-Rugged scanner shakes it off and gets back to the task at hand. Extreme temperatures don’t impact the performance; dirt and dust won’t slow it down. The 3600 is the only barcode scanner to have an IP67 sealing, and the only one to offer an IP65-sealed cradle.
- Bad barcodes? No problem. Zebra integrated an advanced scanning engine so the 3600s can quickly capture 1D and 2D barcodes no matter what condition they’re in: scratched, smeared, damaged, covered with frost, or under shrinkwrap. In addition, pull the trigger once and scan up to 20 barcodes.
- Perfect pick the smallest barcodes. When picking an order, your workers often have to scan very small barcodes. With the 3600, select and scan them effortlessly.
- More battery power. The 3600’s battery delivers 50% more capacity than other scanners. Capture as many as 70,000 scans on one charge. In addition, the battery gauge makes it easy to monitor the status and health of the battery.
- Your barcodes are always in range. The 3600 Series includes 6 different models, each in your choice of corded or cordless. Go from standard range (DS3608-SR/DS3678-SR) to extended range (DS3608-ER/DS3678-ER), which captures barcodes from 3 inches to as far as 70 feet away. The DS3608-HD/DS3678-HD is ideal for high-density barcode scanning. For scanning 1D/2D barcodes, photos, signatures, OCR data, and documents, the DS3608-HP/DS3678-HP is the ultra-rugged scanner you need. View all the models here.
- Blistering BLE speed—When you need wireless connectivity, the cordless 3600 scanners deliver the unmatched power of Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy (BLE), with lightning fast speed and maximum energy efficiency. Shift to Zebra’s Wi-Fi Friendly Mode to avoid wireless interference.
- Management-friendly. Device management doesn’t get any easier. Every 3600 Ultra-Rugged barcode scanner comes with Zebra’s industry-leading management tools—123Scan2 and Scanner Management Service. Minimize the time, effort, and cost of configuring, managing, updating, and troubleshooting your mobile scanners.
Are your barcode scanners tough enough for the job? If you need more than rugged, talk to us to arrange a demo of the Zebra 3600 Ultra-Rugged Series barcode scanners.